Behind the Brew: Chocolate
Courtesy of The Daily Tea
Ah, chocolate!!!!! It feels like it was created to both awaken the senses and soothe the soul. Developed from the cacao plant, this once bitter drink has evolved into the delectable sweet that we know today.
- Let’s spice it up: Aztec Emperor Montezuma added chili peppers to his daily chocolate brew. Was this the inspiration for creating chili chocolate chai?
- Scientist Perry Spencer was experimenting with magnetrons when his chocolate bar melted. Curious on why it occurred, he set out to unveil the magic behind the melting. The end result was the invention of the microwave.
- Heading to outer space? Imitate the Russian and American astronauts by packing some chocolate.
- Think chocolate is sinfully decadent? Well, in the 16th century, it was believed that eating chocolate was a sin.
- Struggling to pay attention? Try snacking on some chocolate.
- There may be a reason why chocolate is the gift of break ups and makeups, it’s both an anti-depressant and a mild aphrodisiac.
- Want to create your own chocolate tea? Try adding fresh cocoa to your favorite blend. This sweet powder will give you the decadent taste without the stickiness from melted chocolate.
- No chocolate tea in stock? Try a chocolate pairing instead. Have fun discovering which tea and chocolate bar works best together.
- Replace vanilla with chocolate tea in your next baking adventure. Your taste buds will love you for it.
- Curb your chocolate cravings without curtailing your diet by having a cup of tea instead. Since you’re not actually eating the chocolate, you don’t need to worry about the calories.
- Kiss PMS goodbye with a cup of dark chocolate flavored tea. The dark chocolate will help relax your muscles while the tea will hydrate you.
- To get all the benefits of chocolate, look for pure chocolate or cacao in your tea, not chocolate flavoring.